Home staging can get expensive or you can try this....When you show your home’s best features by staging it effectively, you help increase your final selling price without breaking the bank. In
11 Quick Tips To Avoid A Water Pipe Burst During The Polar Vortex
- Set your thermostat higher than normal to build up warmth in your house. Expect your furnace to run constantly until the outside temperature returns to a seasonal average.
- Wear several layers of clothing as your house may be cooler than you're comfortable with.
- Shut the registers in unused rooms only if they do not have plumbing. Close the doors to those rooms also.
- Close the dampers on your fireplace only if it is NOT in use.
- Use towels at the base of your outside doors to lessen the entry of cold air.
- Keep your garage door closed.
- Close your crawlspace vents and access holes.
- Open cabinet doors for all plumbing fixtures located on the outside wall.
- Leave the water running in a small stream when plumbing fixtures are located on an outside wall.
- If your washer is located on an outside wall, add a small amount of anti-freeze to the trap and monitor it while in use during this extreme cold.
- Locate your water shut-off valve, right now, in case you experience a burst pipe. Seconds count when the water is flowing!
Latest Blog Posts
Here is a good article for your current clients who own a house.... In all likelihood, your home is the biggest investment you'll make in your life. To protect that investment, turn to
We are all quick to clean our toilets, especially for guests over and for home showings. Did you ever stop to think about places dirtier?You wouldn't dare drink out of your toilet, but surprisingly,