If you have any clients hesitating about selling....check out this article. Recently released data from the National Association of Realtors (NAR) suggests that now is a great
11 Quick Tips To Avoid A Water Pipe Burst During The Polar Vortex
- Set your thermostat higher than normal to build up warmth in your house. Expect your furnace to run constantly until the outside temperature returns to a seasonal average.
- Wear several layers of clothing as your house may be cooler than you're comfortable with.
- Shut the registers in unused rooms only if they do not have plumbing. Close the doors to those rooms also.
- Close the dampers on your fireplace only if it is NOT in use.
- Use towels at the base of your outside doors to lessen the entry of cold air.
- Keep your garage door closed.
- Close your crawlspace vents and access holes.
- Open cabinet doors for all plumbing fixtures located on the outside wall.
- Leave the water running in a small stream when plumbing fixtures are located on an outside wall.
- If your washer is located on an outside wall, add a small amount of anti-freeze to the trap and monitor it while in use during this extreme cold.
- Locate your water shut-off valve, right now, in case you experience a burst pipe. Seconds count when the water is flowing!
Latest Blog Posts
Here is a great article to share with long term home owners who need a gentle prodding for refinementBringing fresh design tips to sellers will only increase the valuable service you offer...Most