How often are you dealing with families or clients who are moving or about to move?According to the U.S. Census Bureau, about 40 million Americans—one in nine people—move each year. While
5 Signs Of A Damp Or Wet Basement
- Water stains along walls or floor. This could be caused by something simple such as an overflowing laundry tub or it could be a result of water seeping in through basement windows, the walls or the floor.
- Musty odor or damp smell. Excess moisture in a basement can cause an unmistakable smell.
- Mold. It could be colored black, brown, yellow or green, and you won’t know for certain if it’s mold without testing it. Often the northwest corner of a house is known as a “cold corner” and susceptible to developing mold.
- Efflorescence.This condition produces a white or sometimes grayish ash on the walls. Sometimes it sparkles. Efflorescence is caused by salt deposits left behind by evaporating water.
- Spalling. When water gets inside the surface of concrete, brick or stone, salt deposits from the water cause the surface to flake away, peel or pop off.
Latest Blog Posts
Here is a great article to share with long term home owners who need a gentle prodding for refinementBringing fresh design tips to sellers will only increase the valuable service you offer...Most